A Girl's Life - Poem


A Girl's Life - Written 10/6/01

One day in 1984,
     a girl was born.
Who was to guess
     how her life would turn out.
At first it was going good.
But the girl's dad
     had some problems....
     with his life and in his mind.
The girl began to have problems of her own...
     she started smoking,
     she took it on herself to save her dad.

One dad in 1997,
      the girl's dad said good-bye no more.
How she loved her father so
     and now he is gone.
She thought to herself...
      can I go be with him>
But somehow
     she restrained herself.

But so much horror came to her
     because she resisted that urge to leave.
So many problems,
     so much abuse.
Why did they do it to her?
She was hurting
      and they made it worse.

In 2001,
     there was no more abuse.
But the memories,
     they are still there.
So many days,
    she pictures in her head what was done to her.
And yet again,
      she thinks to herself,
     can I leave yet?

If you would like to read more of my poems check out the other poems I've posted here or my Kindle book titled "Struggles of a Teen Girl Told Through Poems"* which I am selling for $3.00.

~ As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cat Products I Recommend

*Trigger Warning* My Sexual Abuse Story