Birthday - Poem



Today is my eighteenth birthday.
I should feel happy,
But I feel more alone.
Part of me wishes,
I could be blind like the others,
Or just not care.
But I am not blind
And I do care.
That brings me down
And society disgusts me.
I am becoming more excited
To leave this behind
And go somewhere else.
This world is so disgusting,
So full of hate.
I wish it were not so. 
But being able to see,
Empties me greatly
And makes me not want to care.

If you would like to read more of my poems check out the other poems I've posted here or my Kindle book titled "Struggles of a Teen Girl Told Through Poems"* which I am selling for $3.00.

~ As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cat Products I Recommend

*Trigger Warning* My Sexual Abuse Story