My Process Before and After Breast Reduction

 

Picture of me now, 2-3 cup sizes smaller. I know they are still big to some, for me though they are nice and small! And yes, I do have a lot of movies lol. 1 year ago I had even more and decided to sell a chun of them.

I’ve  been having chronic, widespread pain since shortly after my first brain surgery, most noticeably in my back and neck. Plus I’ve just been tired of having them. So last year I started the process to have a reduction, hoping it would help with my chronic pain. 

I could have had it sooner, however I kept thinking about if I wanted to risk having it when Covid was worse. By the time I decided I was ok with getting it when the pandemic was worse it started to get better. Then it took a handful of months to finally be approved by my insurance and then even more time until the day came, after scheduling it.

Of course by the time it happened Covid was getting worse. They wanted to keep me overnight because of my starting health. Then they changed it to outpatient so it wouldn’t be canceled for being inpatient. It was  so nerve wracking leading up the the day, waiting to find out if Covid or weather would end up canceling it. It would have been horrible if it was canceled because my insurance changes March 1st, so I would have had to go through the process of being denied and fighting to get it approved again.

After the pain, the first thing I noticed was how light my chest felt! It’s an amazing feeling! I will say, the pain from breast surgery and the physical healing process is actually worse than brain surgery, which I’ve had twice. The doctor sure wasn’t kidding about it being a major surgery. Of course with the breast reduction there is no long term side effects/complications of the brain like with brain surgery.

In case you actually read this far and you’re interested, here’s a picture of my girls from about 3 years ago.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cat Products I Recommend

*Trigger Warning* My Sexual Abuse Story